The following is a list of classes and events taught by Dr. Kim Lynn Lehnert.
August 8, 2020
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Mindfulness Skills (3 CEU’s)
When: 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, August 8
Where: Online Event
When working with highly emotional and high-risk patients, mindfulness skills play a critical role in helping to
regulate intense emotions.
In this workshop, Dr. Lehnert will teach participants how to identify three states of Mind: Emotion Mind, Reasonable
Mind, and Wise Mind. You will also learn skills to help patients learn to control their own minds rather than be
emotionally hi-jacked. Participants will also learn skills to observe and stop urges to engage in high risk and
- understand the role of mindfulness in teaching emotion regulation
- Identify three states of Mind and their defining features
- Identify “What” skills of mindfulness
- Identify “How” skills of mindfulness
- Use mindfulness to observe and surf behavioral urges
- Learn ways to extend the practice of mindfulness.
September 19, 2020
Doing Individual Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) (3 CEU’s)
When: 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, September 19
Where: Online Event
Treating multi-problem patients experiencing unrelenting crises can be a challenge for most clinicians.
This workshop will teach how to prioritize treatment goals and how to gain commitment for change when patients seem stuck in intense, emotional pain. Participants will learn how to monitor high risk behaviors in treatment and how to effectively shift long-standing, ineffective behavioral patterns to help patients build lives worth living.
- Goals of first 4 sessions in DBT.
- Understanding and using DBT commitment strategies.
- Using DBT diary cards for behavioral monitoring.
- Hierarchy of treatment targets in DBT.
- Learning to conduct behavioral chain analysis.
- Applying solution analysis.
- Role of between sessions skills coaching.
- “24 hour” rule in DBT.